Why Balance was Named the #1 Best Meditation App in the Play Store
If you’ve been searching for a meditation app, consider this your final destination.
That’s because while there are a lot of meditation apps to choose from, there’s only one that offers a personalized approach to meditation that can help you reduce stress, improve focus, and get better sleep: It's the Balance app.
Named Google Play’s App of the Year and Apple’s App of the Day, and presently holding a category-leading 4.9-star rating on the Apple App Store, Balance offers a variety of guided meditations that can be customized to fit your specific needs, making it an ideal choice for people who are new to meditation and those who want to tailor their practice to their individual preferences.
Spoiler: It’s also free for your entire first year.
Does that leave you curious? Then keep reading to get all the details.
The Balance App: Meditation That Adapts to You
As we just mentioned, one of the standout features of Balance is its highly personalized approach to meditation. And it’s possible because of its library of thousand of audio clips and sounds that can be assembled in numerous ways to create guided meditations, sleep sounds, focus music, and more that’s completely customizable.
More specifically, that means you can not only manually adjust the length and style of your meditation session based on your preferences (for example, you can opt for a 5-minute gratitude meditation in the morning, a 10-hour rain sleep sound at night, and everything in between), but the app will also automatically adjust based on how you've answered questions and previously interacted with it. The possibilities are endless, and your experience with Balance will be unlike anyone else's!
What’s more, the app features two meditation experts: Ofosu Jones-Quartey and Leah Santa-Cruz, to help you gain a more guided and personalized meditation experience. And yes: You can choose your preferred coach in the app!
As you can see, Balance offers a comprehensive and personalized approach to meditation that sets it apart from other apps in the space. With its wide range of features and support options, it's an excellent choice for anyone looking to start or enhance their meditation practice.
Why a Personalized Approach is Important in Meditation
Meditation is personal, and what works for one person may not work for another. That's why a personalized approach is so important.
As the first-ever personalized meditation app, Balance is designed to adapt to your individual needs and preferences.
Here’s what that looks like in practice: When you first download the app, you'll be asked to complete a short quiz that helps Balance understand your overall goals and preferences. Based on your answers, Balance will recommend a variety of meditations that are tailored to your specific needs that you can use whenever you’d like with your preferred expert meditation coach. Don’t worry—you can swap coaches at any time, just like this Balance customer does:
“I enjoy this app. The 2 meditation voices are both soothing. I often switch between them!”
And to support you in your everyday life, Balance’s Daily Meditation feature is designed to support every mood—the good, the bad, and everything in between. You’ll choose how you're feeling from a list of moods, and then receive a 10-minute personalized meditation that will build on your highs or help you through your lows.
Don’t just take this from us, though—here’s what one Balance customer had to say about their experience with its personalization features:
“What this app does that others don’t is personalize every session. It helps you stay consistent, it works towards your personal goals, and is not overwhelming and unrealistic. I highly recommend this app!”
The Benefits of Daily Meditation
Speaking of daily meditation, with Balance, you can easily establish a daily meditation routine that can help you reap the benefits of it, from reducing stress and anxiety to improving focus and sleep.
If you're unfamiliar with the benefits of meditation, here's a quick summary:
- Reduces stress and anxiety: A daily meditation practice has been shown to significantly reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Improves focus and concentration: A regular meditation practice can improve your ability to focus and concentrate, making it easier to get work done and stay productive.
- Enhances creativity: By quieting the mind and reducing distractions, meditation can help unlock your creativity and generate new ideas.
- Improves sleep quality: Many people struggle with insomnia or poor sleep quality, but regular meditation practice can help improve sleep patterns.
- Increase self-awareness: By focusing on your thoughts and feelings during meditation, you can develop a greater sense of self-awareness and mindfulness.
- Improves relationships: By cultivating a greater sense of empathy and compassion, meditation can help improve your relationships with others.
How Balance Helps its Users Establish a Daily Meditation Routine
However, one of the biggest challenges of daily meditation is, well, establishing a daily routine.
So if you’re just starting out with meditation and want to turn it into a daily practice, here are our tried and true tips:
- Start your day with meditation: Consider adding a 10-15 minute meditation session to your morning routine to help set a calm and focused tone for the rest of your day.
- Use meditation as a transition between activities: When transitioning from work to home, for example, take a few minutes to meditate and shift your focus before moving on to the next activity.
- Make it a family activity: Get the whole family involved in meditation by setting aside a few minutes each day to meditate together. This can be especially helpful for children who may benefit from learning mindfulness and stress reduction techniques. (Bonus: Balance has meditations for couples and families with these specific goals in mind!)
- Set realistic goals: When starting your meditation practice, it's important to set realistic goals. Don't try to meditate for an hour straight right off the bat; start with just a few minutes each day and gradually work your way up.
Another tip? Try Balance! With its Daily Meditation feature, growing library of award-winning guided meditations, and the ability to set reminders via push notifications, Balance makes it easier than ever to establish a consistent practice. So easy, in fact, that this customer uses Balance multiple times per day!
“After one year of Balance, it’s so much part of my routine that I bought lifetime access. I use it for meditation in the mornings, short naps at lunch time, and to help me sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night. Highly recommended!”
Why the Balance App is the Best Meditation App for Beginners
If you’re new to meditation, don’t feel intimidated because there’s no right or wrong way to develop your meditation practice. It’s all about what works for you and makes you feel like your best self.
Of course, expert support can help. And that’s where Balance’s trusted coaches and personalized guided meditations come in. Everything in Balance is created with you in mind, and with the goal of helping you learn to meditate, develop your practice, and make the most of every day.
By providing a range of easy-to-follow foundational meditations, Balance eases you into the practice without overwhelming you. The app’s guided sessions help you build your skills gradually, making it easy to keep up without getting frustrated about progress.
And as you build your skills, you can dive into various techniques like breathwork, body scan, visualization, loving-kindness, and more. With Balance, there’s always something to try and learn!
Is the Balance App Worth it?
Even if all that sounds great, you might still be wondering: Is the Balance app worth it?
As the best personalized meditation app out there, Balance has a lot to offer. But even so, it doesn’t come at a high cost—or any cost at all for your entire first year.
That’s right: The team behind Balance is on a mission to provide tools for improved mental health to as many people as possible, so Balance is completely free for your entire first year.
After that, Balance has flexible subscription or lifetime plans to continually help you support you and your goals, your way.
Ready to Try Google Play’s App of The Year?
If you've been thinking about trying meditation, there's never been a better time to start with the award-winning Balance app—the best meditation app available. And because you get an entire year free, you have nothing to lose.
- The benefits of meditation depend on consistency, not duration. Keep reading for tips on deciding how long you should meditate.
- Learn the difference between mindfulness and meditation, and find out which one is best for you.
- Feeling anxious? Discover one of the most effective tools to help you manage it: meditation.