February Bingo Board: 24 Ways to Date Yourself This Month
When you think about dating, the first thing that likely comes to mind is getting to know someone else.
But dating yourself can be incredibly fulfilling, regardless of your relationship status. Because after all, the most important relationship you have in your life is with, well, yourself.
If a solo dinner out or museum trip feels intimidating, start smaller. Buy yourself flowers, or cook a recipe you’ve been meaning to try. Then maybe your confidence will grow. But even if it doesn't, all that really matters is that you’re seeking ways to get to know yourself better and pursuing what makes you happy.
Ready to get started? Keep reading for more (24, to be exact!) of our recommendations.
How to Embrace Dating Yourself
Building appreciation for who you are takes (alone) time. But we’ll be the first to admit: Time spent alone can sometimes feel awkward and hard to fit in your schedule. No matter your roadblock, there are a few things you can do to make hanging out by yourself easier to embrace:
No matter your roadblock, there are a few things you can do to make hanging out by yourself easier to embrace:
- Reframe your mindset around alone time. Think of solo time as an opportunity to do something you don’t often get the chance to do. Or, you can think of it as a way to fill your own cup, so that you can be more energetic and available to others.
- Add solo activities to your calendar. It’s easy to cancel plans when no one else is involved. So when you decide to go on a date with yourself, make it a point to show up. Book a class or activity a few weeks out, tell your friends that you’ll be busy, and/or create a block on your calendar.
- Practice. Like any skill, doing activities alone isn’t something you're going to be perfect at right away, especially if it’s not something you’re used to doing. So when you do something like make dinner or go shopping by yourself, consider it a win, regardless of how well (or not) it goes.
February Bingo Board
If you’re looking for solo date ideas, look no further than our February Bingo board. Use it to get inspired, and challenge yourself to get a Bingo as a way to stay committed to yourself all month long.
Lean Into Solo Time with the Balance App
If you’re looking for another way to intentionally spend time alone, consider downloading the Balance app. Balance offers a curated collection of hundreds of guided meditations that can help you unwind, reflect, and get to know yourself on a deeper level. Think of it as a personal wellness coach that’s available 24/7.
More good news? Download Balance today and get free unlimited access for your entire first year—because spending time by yourself doesn’t have to break the bank.
- Learn how to make wellness a priority in 2024, plus 24 fresh ideas to get you started.
- An essential aspect of any healthy relationship actually is loving yourself first. Learn how.
- Discover what shadow work is and how it can help you build self-compassion.